My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Thursday, October 16, 2014

...and since I mentioned Fr. Zak in my prayer for St. John Fisher (palos verdes) it is fitting to seque over to Incarnation church in glendale...as mentioned I began attending before Zak arrived..I remember most distinctly one particular lady in the pulpit who was ALWAYS there..and had a very LOUD voice..and she seemed unusual..almost robotic..after a while it became a distraction..almost a turn-off..something so unusual about her...and so I would often just peak in..or sit there for a short while and then leave..I felt as if she were controlling the atmosphere..like it was her turf..and then suddenly just as long as she had been there..one day she was gone..and I haven't seen her ever since that time..I hope she is well, but also hope she is growing in Christ..most importantly..more so than seemed to be happening with her at incarnation.. it was such a strange phenomena that I avoided incarnation for a while..even though I enjoyed the homilies of the various priests, including fr. Eugene ...he is an elderly retired priest but very active.. always giving a rigorous sermon..and there were a few others who have come and gone..and now Zak is the lead priest, Eugene is still there..and a few others I don't know much about.. and there is the guy with the suit..seems Armenian, which is likely, given this is Glendale..he is always in a suit...always assisting at the mass.. seems to love the mass liturgy..but kind of like a "boss" type...makes it a bit difficult to relax and focus on God when he's around.. again there's a bit of a feeling as if he's established the church as his "turf"...now that the other lady is gone...my prayer is that nobody should be trying to establish domination in a church building..it's for everybody who believes..to come together and edify the Lord and each other..That's my prayer..and I hope my presence doesn't feel as if I am trying to establish anything either..I can assure you when i drop in to a church it's to be re-filled with the Spirit..keeps me out of trouble.. hear my prayer Lord!