My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fwd: 10/12/14 re church on the way,


 10/12/14
re church on the way...this is a nice church, but I am not so fond of their regular parishioner prayer time ...whereby you team up with the people next to you in the pew and pray together aloud ...; some people are proficient in "Christian-ese"...ie the language of the church...the phrases & idioms that make you sound like a professional prayer-person...but is this really true prayer? my private prayers are very down-to-earth, sometimes simple..not fancy phrases ...and that's my idea of good prayer..because let's face it, God already knows our needs..knows our prayer requests...so the prayer itself is more of a matter of space-&-time for God..almost like meditating...not so much about the importance of words...; in fact, the lady with whom I was praying didn't seem to think I was a Christian after this little prayer gathering because I said very little..; not all great Christians are professional prayer-artists...; in fact, I take pride in NOT showing off in prayer even though I am very prayer-ful...; that's something to keep in mind