My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/12/15 westminster Presbyterian, Burbank, re paul Clairville pastor

4/12/15 westminsterPresbyterian, Burbank, paul Clairville pastor...i left this church a bit confused...first, it's a quaint little building, I like the smallness of it...and the music was good, inspirational...then came the message by pastor Clairville re swimming in a pool without water, then communion...and the benediction...the pastor said nobody should leave without a hug or handshake...in fact, there's only one way out as best as I could tell (unless you go behind the pulpit area)...and only one person at a time..so the pastor basically blocks the doorway so that each person must pass by him to leave...thereby he sees who is coming next & mentally prepares a farewell for each of us...as I came up to him he gave me a partial handshake and sort of a backslap which I tried to receiprocate...but he called me "sir" in a sort of business-like not-very-warm way...leaving me feel as if I wasn't very appreciated as a fellow brother-in-Christ (and fellow pastor for that matter...I too attended seminary (fuller & calvin) presumably like himself)...my suspicion is that he stereotyped me as somebody from the "industry" (ie the film community that populates burbank)...he should know better than to stereotype that way if such is the case..