My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Saturday, March 5, 2016

video 3/4/16 at OMGC los felize L.A. ("say all" priest preaching)

this guy's a nice priest...I remember when he came from Wisconsin..he needed time to adjust ...much different here in L.A. ... BELIEVE me i know the culture shock having also from from the midwest (michigan) way back in the day ...the only thing that sometimes bothers me is when the priest says ALL the words to the liturgy, including the responses by the parishioners, while he is still using the microphone. Its over-powering. Usually when a priest does that I just stop talking because I can't even hear myself or the person next to me. We are ALREADY silenced enough as citizens and "mere parishioners" ...and if the priest essentially silences us during mass during the few times we are allowed to speak it makes us feel very very small. too small. Let the parishioners respond during the liturgical response time. We CAN do it. We want to do it. Let us have a voice!





--

"God exalted Jesus to the highest place & gave Him the name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, in heaven & on earth & under the earth, & every tongue CONFESS  that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11