My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Thursday, January 29, 2015

RESPONSE to "SUZIE JAMES' re FR. JOE SCOTT at ST PAUL APOSTLE CHURCH WESTWOOD CA


I
to "suzie james" ...if that is your real name...thank you for your comment ...and God bless you...if this is truly "you" and not Fr. Joe Scott in disguise...; anyways, in response, I'm not sure HOW to become relational with Joe Scott because it requires subservience, and I don't feel I am inferior or subservient to Fr. Joe Scott or any other priest or pastor for that matter...maybe because I grew up as a "pastor's kid" and on top of that attended seminary as well (yes, the full masters-in-divinity program...including greek & Hebrew & even a bit of Aramaic , among all the other classes)...but didn't go "all the way" and become an ordained priest or pastor for any specific denomination. I am ordained in general, however, and started my own ministry while going thru seminary...therefore when I see other priests and pastors I feel as knowledgeable & spiritual as they do, if not more so; but in some cases they cannot help but relate in a superior-inferior manner (and I can assure you I am not the "superior" in their eyes). I wish priests would have us call them "brother" rather than "father". And in regard to Joe Scott in particular, I feel as if he has misjudged me...to the extent it would be hard to "undo" even if we did have a conversation. I feel as if I am on "his turf" so to speak when I am at st. paul apostle...; I will keep the matter in prayer, and see what happens, ...and will leave it at that for now. Thanks  again for the comment. I didn't know anybody was truly viewing this blog, apart from random glances.




BELOW is the COMMENT BY "SUZIE JAMES" to which I am responding in this post:
"I wanted to let you know that I am 6-month's-new to the St Paul's Church Community and my personal experience at St Paul's and with Fr. Joe has been amazing and rewarding. I'm sure if you would take the time to speak with Fr. Joe directly after the Eucharist Service, or attend one of the many bible study sessions he offers, you would also find him to be one of the most welcoming, kind, patient, compassionate, dutiful and dedicated Servant of God. Sorry, but it does seem rather petty and heartless to levy judgement and criticism over your very brief and benign encounter. "