My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fwd: Bap,leadPastor&CarePastor

2/8/15 at BEL AIR PRESBYTERIAN...the lead pastor (Drew Sams) & the "care pastor" ( I didn't catch his name)...there was an exchange between them..somethng about Drew callng him "young man" ...as best as I could tell the care pastor didn't like Drew Sams calling him young man...; how old is Drew Sams by the way? he seems young himself. I'm just getting to become a bit familiar with the new pastor's style...the few sermons I've heard he tends to confide personal items about himself that you wouldn't normally expect to hear from a pastor (haven't spoken with him yet..I feel a bit awkward introducing myself as a pastor & parishioner...some pastor's feel insecure with another pastor in the "audience" so I feel better just being known as a parishioner...he seems to be indicating that he's not a superhero and we shouldn't expect such from our pastor; ...seems to be pushing for genuine honest human interaction, but is it going a bit too far? I'm not sure, yet. I've been coming to BAP for quite a while now...and don't see as many of the familiar faces anymore...not sure why. I hope it doesn't get a complete makeover...; after the service we stayed and watched the movie "Old fashioned" ...that was fun..and some of the cast & crew spoke with us afterwards. We pray for BAP...may the pastors and staff continue to be filled with the Holy Spirit and may we, the parishioners, also be full of the fruits...let us become a bright light to the world ! Hear our prayer, Lord !