My Blog List

LifeNews.com

22

AND WE PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF [fill in the blank] TO CHRIST, OR A RE-COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

re ST VICTOR CHURCH, WEST HOLLYWOOD, PRAYERS for Fr. Jeremiah

re ST VICTOR CHURCH, WEST HOLLYWOOD, PRAYERS for Fr. Jeremiah...so I continue to periodically attend the Monday evening mass @ St. Victor (& occassionally drop in at other times, but mostly Monday nights), and sometimes get an uneasy feeling about some of the "regulars" who I notice kind of have a sense of entitlement over me as if they think they've been there longer and therefore are more worthy. I might understand this in the beginning...like when you arrive for the first time you allow the regulars to dominate because they've been serving & attending for quite a while now & you acknowledge their support of the parish, but it's been several years now that I've been attending & some of "them" are still holding this "old-timer" persona over me as if I was born yesterday. I don't quite know what to make of it, but at some point it becomes unethical of them to treat me as a "rookie" so to speak. So I ask for you to pray with me about it. With God all things are possible as they say (or as the good book says) so maybe a bit of prayer will help remedy this matter. And I wonder also if Fr. Jeremiah doesn't quite know what to do about it either. He is in a wheelchair and quite dependent upon the eucharistic ministers and those who assist him around the pulpit area and some of these assistants may be taking advantage of him a little bit...not sure, just conjecturing based on human psychology and a bit of observation. 



--
"And we know that in all things God works
for the good of those who love Him,..."

Romans 8.28